Monday, March 27, 2006

YOUR TOUCH


Yesterday I was weary...weary to the bone...weary in my soul...weary. As soon as I opened my eyes I told You..."Lord, I need You. I need Your touch. I don't know how I am going to make it through this day." I grabbed a devotional and You spoke. The first words I read were, "And Jesus put forth His hand and touched him, saying I will..." (Matthew 8:3a) My heart was stirred. You heard me. And Your presence, Your touch warmed me...heart and soul.

I went to get my mom out of bed for what seemed like the millioneth time. I know it's not her fault, but the smells of taking care of her bodily needs...today just felt like too much. "I can't do this," I told You. Then I heard my daughter playing a Beethoven piece as she waited for me to be done so we could go to church. The beauty of the music carried me through my duties of caring for my mom. You reminded me that You were there and understood. You waited patiently for me. You heard me. And I knew Your voice and Your touch.

Your love amazes me. Those times You invite me to just hide myself in You. Those times You make it so clear that You know and You hear and You care. I love You...deeply, deeply love You!

No comments: