Tuesday, March 28, 2006

YOU

This morning I read, "What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits towards me?" (Psalm 116:12) You have done so much for me. I started thinking about how I could ever say thanks. If I were to make up a special little thank you for those I love, it might include: Sandy/dark chocolate, Vicki/Fenton glass, Paul/a good book, Amy/purple tulips, Tracey/something with lace, Darryl/gift certificate to Cracker Barrel, Rachel/music, and my list could go on.

There is just so much I don't know about You. And I got to wondering about You. I want to know You more than what I know intellectually. More than the typical things. I want to know You intimately. Like, do You like ice cream? Do You enjoy sports? Do You have a cushion on Your throne? When You placed the stars in the sky, did You rearrange them a few times or just leave them where You placed them the first time? What makes You laugh? Was it fun when You created the universe? What do You look forward to the most when we are finally all together? What is the hardest part about being You, being God? What is Your favorite part of the day? You have created so much that is pleasurable, what do You do for pleasure? Do You like Rap? Do You think spiders are beautiful or necessary? You collect our tears because they are precious to You, will we ever see Yours...I mean see what the tears of God really look like...not just know about them? Do you shave? What were You thinking about when You created the Platypus?


LOL, I must sound like such a child. I feel kind of silly for asking. But I don't want to know just what I read about You or just who I think You might be, or only who I have experienced You to be so far. I really want to know You for You.
Hugs & Kisses,
Kathy

2 comments:

Vicki Sue said...

Kathy,

God told me to tell you that he laughed his butt off when you stepped in the POOP.

Your sister,
Vicki

KayMac said...

Is THAT what I heard?!!