Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THE DATING GAME

I feel like I am a contestant on The Dating Game. Not in the way you probably think. We are currently without a home church. And we have been visiting. And visiting. With no clear direction as to where to settle. And I am tired of playing the field. I want to settle down.
I knew God was directing me when we became part of a church plant a couple years back. I remember exactly what I was doing and thinking when God said, "Go."
Now, I feel like I am taking a stab in the dark. Like I am guessing. And that's why I feel like a contestant on the The Dating Game. I feel like I am asking all these questions, but "don't know" more than I "do know" about the places we have visited. I feel the need to pick, to choose and then to live with my decision, even though there could be something better. But maybe not. Maybe whatever I pick is the best from God's viewpoint. But what to pick? Have I missed something? Somewhere I haven't been yet?
What I really want is an angel to appear, or a pillar of smoke or fire to follow...something that lets me know exactly where God wants my daughter and I to plug in. I keep asking Him, but I get nothing. Yet, I do believe He wants us to plug in. I think it is something my daughter really needs right now.
We have lots of friends. We know how to follow God. We are very welcome at places we have been and places we have visited. So it's not about belonging, or being part of the Body of Christ, or finding purpose, or loving His church.
And yet it is.
I guess we just want a place we can call our own.
.
Image taken from here.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I remember going through it...it felt like we were wandering in the wilderness! I thank God for where he has planted us, we once again have roots! I will be praying for you and your daughter to find a place to call home.

Nicole said...

I will be praying for you kids! I love you ladies and know God will place you where he wants you and where you can serve him best!

Miss you...We need to visit Steve at Ruby Tuesday's again soon!

Margie said...

2 things... I'm not very smart... but... be still... and I never forget to say "speak oh God for Your child is listening" that Jeremy said when we started Old school in the book of Samuel.

Also... have you tried First Baptist in Wyandotte? Great church, great people, Great Pastor. And... Christ is there.

Momma said...

Kathy,

We know exactly how you feel! You have been our "Moses" through this wilderness. In so many ways you have contantly kept our family pointed back to Christ. I am really grateful that we did not have to do through this alone! Love You! I hope your family and ours can be "planted" soon. I sure miss that feeling! :)

Crown of Beauty said...

I am praying that God will lead you like He led Abraham who went "not knowing where he was going." And, just remember, there is no such thing as a perfect church. I am praying that God will lead you to the church that has a true hunger for God, led by a pastor who seeks God's direction and desires to only build God's kingdom, and have leaders who minister out of the overflow of their own lives.