- You cleaned up crap in the parking lot?!!
- You wear that to church?!!
- How are you today?!!
And You told me to stop and think....what was I being asked?
- You cleaned up crap in the parking lot?!! This was asked by 2 co-workers who I have shared my faith with. What they were really asking was, "What is different about you? You say you are a Christian, will you put your money where your mouth is? Is Jesus Christ for real?"
- You wear that to church?!! Asked by my new sister-in-law who has been through alot in her life, and had just minutes before been horribly snubbed by my dad, her father-in-law. What she was really asking was, "Will you accept me just as I am? What is more important--how I look or who I am? What does Jesus Christ think of me...does He even?"
- How are you today?!! Asked by the woman at the 7-11 counter where I stop every morning to buy a coke. She is asking what most of us ask, "Do you see me...do I matter? And, I realized that I know how old her only child is, what his favorite and least favorite subjects in school are, that he misses his friends from another state terribly, that they are all going to India next year, where they are going on vacation next week, and so much more. And in sharing little details of our lives, she has heard about Jesus Christ, Redeemer & King & that He loves her.
I have been intentional about developing relationships with each person mentioned here. I wanted to be available, in case they asked one of the BIG questions....and then You turned the light bulb on. They have been asking. And at the center of every question I have answered is....YOU! Jesus Christ, their Savior!!!
You are my joy
You are my Joy
You are my
& I'm lauging SO HARD!!!!!
Postscript: I was contemplating all this when I stopped to get my coke this morning. I walked in and instead of the usual, "How are you today?!!" my clerk friend pointed at the counter...there sat my usual order...and she smiled as she said, "I have been waiting for you!" I had to turn down an aisle because YOU...YOU took my breath away and I had to fight the tears and the temptation to get on my knees right there and then and worship You! You are holy...that is all I know!