Monday, February 25, 2008

QUOTE OF THE DAY


Overheard on WJR radio sometime after February 14th (paraphrasing by me):
.
Denny McLain: "This has been my worst week ever!"
Announcer: "Why is that?"
Denny McLain: "Because I forgot Halloween!"
Announcer and entire radio audience: "????????"
Finally the Announcer: "Do you mean Valentine's Day?"
Denny McClain: "Yeah, Valentine's Day."
.
Me: Any wonder why he is in the dog house? Or could this be a Freudian slip? Perhaps it was the flowers he sent to his wife?
.
My imagination just can't stop with this one.
.
Image taken from here.

2 comments:

Richard said...

He is probably just stressed and made a mistake. I know when I am stressed, I tend to be more absent minded and misspeak more often. Mind you, I have no-o-o-o-o idea who this guy is (but, from your picture, I presume he is a baseball player).

Jada's Gigi said...

:)