Sunday, April 29, 2007

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS....

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....these are a few of my favorite things:
  • Watching...er, playing with Maddy & Ty Thursday while their parents were at a hockey game.
  • Bible study Friday with my closest friends...everyone together for the first time in a very, very long time (except for Sandy) just celebrating Jesus.
  • Hearing Noah's little voice praying while the adults were praying.
  • Playing with Noah and smothering him with hugs and kisses...which he rarely lets me do now that he is such a grown up boy getting ready for kindergarten.
  • Having lunch with Kelly and loving on her new little son, Sean, who is our much awaited miracle, and talking about her other miracle on the way.
  • Asking my daughter who her role models are and hearing her say..."You are, mom!" PRICELESS!!!!

For these and the so much more that You wrap my life and my heart in...I am ever grateful. Amen.

Image taken from here.

complete lyrics in case you wanted them:


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things



Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things



Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Silver white winters that melt into springs

These are a few of my favorite things



When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things

And then I don't feel so bad

3 comments:

Sara said...

think on these things...i love you my sister.

Margie said...

that was one of my mom's favorite songs, I get misty everytime I sing it.

great post. Loveyou.

Jada's Gigi said...

ditto what Sara said...:)