Wednesday, December 05, 2007

CONFESSION OF A SINNER

The other day in a post, I encouraged the giving of the gift of mercy this Christmas season. So, today I thought I might put a picture of a present for each time I have extended mercy since Monday, the day of my post. There were the ones I gave to my co-workers, a couple extended to friends and family.

And then, I had a thought that HORRIFIED me. I began to wonder how many of these "gifts of mercy" might have been gifted to me without my awareness? What if these gifts were overflowing from underneath my Christmas tree as I smugly sat recounting the half dozen or so I had gifted? I also thought of the many, many mercies You have gifted to me. If I took the rest of my life, I could not even begin to recount them all.

And I wept.

3 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow this is an excellent post.

thanks for your prayers, we definately appreciate it! Thanks for the encouragement too!

Pat said...

You make me weep. What a beautiful post.

Margie said...

The gift of mercy should be "regifted" over and over, and don't count whether you give or receive, it's the gift that keeps on giving.