Tuesday, September 11, 2007

REMEMBERING 9/11

I didn't think I would still be so affected. It has been a number of years. But on my drive into work this morning, against the gray sky, I saw planes landing and planes taking off. Planes in the distance and low flying planes right overhead. And on the radio I heard the names of victims being read off...slowly and clearly...one by one. I sobbed.

My thoughts went back to the last verse of the Psalm I read this morning...."that they may know that you alone,whose name is the Lord,are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18)

Whatever grief, whatever fear, whatever loss of innocence, however we, as a nation, as a people, as individuals, have been marked and changed....may it be that we know....THAT WE KNOW...that YOU ALONE, whose name is LORD, are the MOST HIGH over ALL the earth! Grant us this truth, through Your grace and Your Holy Spirit! Amen.

2 comments:

Pat said...

amen -
thank you for your prayers...you can't know how much they mean to me.

Jada's Gigi said...

Amen! He alone is the most high over all the earth!