I was talking to a friend the other day who told me that her mom and step-dad, who are separating, had just divided up their grave sites. It got me to thinking about all the things you have to decide... who will get what...when there is a divorce. Want to know what this feels like? Close your eyes and imagine you have to figure out who would get:
- the wedding pictures
- old tax returns
- the book collection
- the pets
- letters and love notes from the kids
- the "Our First Christmas" ornament
- pictures from family vacations
- the mold of the baby's hand prints
- old love letters and cards to each other
- that souvenier from that special vacation
It isn't so hard to divide up things...furniture, the bank accounts, the cars. But how do you divide up memories and lives spent together?
If you know someone going through a divorce or separation...or any kind of loss for that matter...please pray for them. It will be appreciated.